Lambert Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the website for Lambert High School's Anime Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone! :)
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm by Shadowmage97

» Corrupt-a-Wish
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am by D-Man Lee

» Greetings fellow Otakus!
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm by Karlagr

» Voice Actor for Hire
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm by D-Man Lee

» Touhou 12.3
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am by Derek

» Spread the love
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am by Michael Vu

» It sure is summer
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm by Taylor/Kqr7is

» Wiki Diving
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm by KyleMc

» I-it's not like I wanted to join this forum or anything D:<
Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:14 am by Elliot Maxwell

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance
Welcome to the Club!
So keeping it SFW...bronies...
Wiki Diving
Favourite OSTs?
Watching too much anime?? (RAGE post)
I need some Mecha
Touhou 12.3
Panic! At the Disco

Cyborg She

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Vu
Admin
Michael Vu

Cyborg She Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg She   Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Cyborg She Cyborg_She

First of all, a quick word about the director of the movie, Jae-young Kwak. Even though he's a South Korean movie director, he set the movie in a Japanese setting. His movies consists of lovey-dovey (but not unrealistic) romance and comedy. He brings back the cliche and straight forward love complications that any typical romance genre of a movie would have, but puts a twist on a lot of his movies. He brings back that nostalgic warm feeling that you don't get in movies again, seriously, if you want to look for a good movie to watch, go on a random search on the IMDB website. Both Adults and Children can enjoy his movies and fondly relate to them.

I'm really just going to talk about the movie in general with no spoilers. The movie is about time travel so don't skip parts or you'll get really confused. It was really cute in my opinion and if you need a movie set aside at home for a date with a girlfriend, then yeah, this movie'd be great. It included all aspects of tear jerking moments, laughable moments, and those moments where you get to actually get to connect with the characters, but there wasn't too much character growth at all. It was dragged out (more dragged out than the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), but the comedy makes up for it.

You'll notice in the movie that in the direction it is going, it will force you to go along with the story in terms of scenario and believability, but the way the both characters are, it will be okay. There's not too much personal interaction between Jiro and Cyborg (not enough in my highest opinion) and too much focus on the coming events before and after Jiro's lifetime. You can't really see how well they both bond and grow together, but it was a long movie (not as strenuous as watching Love Exposure) and couldn't cover EVERYTHING. The acting was good, and Cyborg's smile was pleasant to watch. I didn't even know that a South Korean director directed a Japanese movie. That surprised me too. The story is straightforward if you go back and forth in the movie to confirm the accuracy of the time travel.

I recommend any person to watch if you're having a bad day or want to be cheered up. I'm not too good on reviews so forgive me, but for future reference, I watch K and J dramas and movies, so you'll see me doing reviews on movies more than animes, and I'll get better at the reviews (promise).

I'd give the movie 6.5/10 skimming 7.

Last edited by Michael Vu on Sat May 07, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I got a code wrong with the image.)
Back to top Go down
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

Cyborg She Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyborg She   Cyborg She I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Sounds interesting, oh and there is another Japanese movie that was directed by a Korean guy. I think it was called"Virgin Snow". The film switches from Japanese and Korean alot so it might be hard to keep up.
Back to top Go down

Cyborg She
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lambert Anime Club :: Media :: Movies-
Jump to: