Lambert Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the website for Lambert High School's Anime Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone! :)
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm by Shadowmage97

» Corrupt-a-Wish
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am by D-Man Lee

» Greetings fellow Otakus!
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm by Karlagr

» Voice Actor for Hire
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm by D-Man Lee

» Touhou 12.3
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am by Derek

» Spread the love
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am by Michael Vu

» It sure is summer
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm by Taylor/Kqr7is

» Wiki Diving
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm by KyleMc

» I-it's not like I wanted to join this forum or anything D:<
I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:14 am by Elliot Maxwell

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance
Welcome to the Club!
So keeping it SFW...bronies...
Wiki Diving
Favourite OSTs?
Watching too much anime?? (RAGE post)
I need some Mecha
Touhou 12.3
Panic! At the Disco

I need some Mecha

Go down 
+2
Derek
BrendanL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrendanL

BrendanL

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Anyone have any good mecha anime suggestions? Looking for relatively new anime pertaining to manliness and machines.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:53 pm

I have no idea if it focuses on manliness, or not, and I'm not even too sure that it is mecha at all... but there is a show airing, this season, called Tiger and Bunny. From what I have heard, it is good.
Back to top Go down
Taylor/Kqr7is

Taylor/Kqr7is

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:30 am

I agree with Derek a bit here, but let me qualify his statement. It really depends on how much drama you want. Mecha as a genre is defined by two things: the realism of the robots and the dramatic character interactions. Here's my suggestions:

Mazinger Z - One of the mecha anime originators, the first to have piloted mecha in anime. It's all large hams and cheesy sequences all the time. If you want a good laugh and easy story, this is one excellent choice.

Gundam - Oh, lord, where to start. Gundam is THE defining mecha franchise, in my opinion. Their universe is so large that you can pick up something like Gundam Wing and get a terrific drama show that's well written or something like SD Gundam, which was a horrible failure in anime that should be burned for eternity. Try Gundam 00, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, and G Gundam as well as the classic Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Wing.

Getter Robo - This one is kind of the precursor to TTGL. It's all about cheesy huge robots and stuff. It's basically huge robots vs huge dinosaurs. Enjoyable.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - A subversion on the normal giant robot concept, the show takes what is normally just romantic drama crap with giant robots and makes it crazy mind screw depression with giant not-quite-robots. The ending should make you question your sanity.

Gunbuster and Diebuster - Also Gainax works like NGE there, these are very similar to TTGL in nature but with girls piloting robots instead. It's not as long with each series only 6 episodes, but it is a terrific show with lovely character development.

The Big O - I hear this is one of the best giant mecha series out there. It's like batman in its noir setting with Victorian robots smashing stuff. I'm going to watch it very soon.

There are more, but I don't feel like summarizing at the moment. Have fun, Brendan.
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I agree with Taylor. Most of those I have seen and are high quality. The Big O I have seen a few episodes of and I liked it, but its in that more classic anime style that pisses some people off. The only other suggestion I can add off the top of my head is Eureka Seven. I think its a wonderful anime and is one of my personal favorites. A lot of soul searching, romance, drama, plot twists, plus good action. Other than that there is Full Metal Panic! but only the second season really is mecha, and its a comedy series more than anything.

Last edited by AzureBalmung on Wed May 11, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrendanL

BrendanL

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks guys, specifically Kevlar and Derek. I'll be sure to check out the ones I haven't seen.
Back to top Go down
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Look into Code Geass if you like animes that are complete mindfucks
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Oh, ok, so I dont get a thank you? Ok, I see how it is.
Back to top Go down
KyleMc

KyleMc

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm

If you haven't watched it already, break blade. Although it substituted "mechs" with "golems". Same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need some Mecha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need some Mecha   I need some Mecha I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some Mecha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lambert Anime Club :: Members Area :: Anime Suggestions-
Jump to: