Lambert Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the website for Lambert High School's Anime Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone! :)
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm by Shadowmage97

» Corrupt-a-Wish
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am by D-Man Lee

» Greetings fellow Otakus!
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm by Karlagr

» Voice Actor for Hire
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm by D-Man Lee

» Touhou 12.3
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am by Derek

» Spread the love
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am by Michael Vu

» It sure is summer
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm by Taylor/Kqr7is

» Wiki Diving
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm by KyleMc

» I-it's not like I wanted to join this forum or anything D:<
Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:14 am by Elliot Maxwell

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance
Welcome to the Club!
So keeping it SFW...bronies...
Wiki Diving
Favourite OSTs?
Watching too much anime?? (RAGE post)
I need some Mecha
Touhou 12.3
Panic! At the Disco

Kamikaze Girls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

Kamikaze Girls Empty
PostSubject: Kamikaze Girls   Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:52 am

The film is about a non-confromist, narcissistic lolita-dressed girl named Momoko Ryusagai, who makes an unlikely friendship with a rough but good-natured biker gang girl named Ichiko.

In the beginning scene it starts off with Momoko being hit by a fruit truck while she was riding a motor scooter, during her crash she makes her final goodbyes. (or so you thought?) Until she rewinds the film to explain the whole reason why she was in such a rush. It then cuts into a brief historical commentary by the protagonist about the lifestyle in 18th century France or "Rococo-era". She views the period as a very elegant and beautiful time, then describes on how she loathes to exist in that period. As it turns out the story is set in the 21st century Shimotsuma Japan.

During the 1st quarter of the film it talks about Momoko's childhood as she grew up in a town called Abaraki. Where the locals were gang members and counterfeiters. Her father starts to sell counterfeit items with "Double-Brand names" which was a hit, but he eventually gets in trouble with Universal Studios and Versaces for using their brand name without their permission. Along with being threatened by the mob to leave town. She and her father then moves in with her some-what senile grandmother after Momoko's mother has divorce with her father to marry a gynecologist that helped give birth to Momoko. After setteling in her family needed income so she started to sell the Versaces counterfeits at a discount. Her first client ends up becoming Ichiko of the Ponytails gang.

At first Momoko was not interested in being friends with Ichiko since she looks down on alot of people. Eventually with the help of Ichiko's determination she slowly accepts her and helps deal with Ichiko's problems in her biker gang.

Personally I felt this movie was well-scripted, with some good humor to laugh about afterwords. What really hits me is how Momoko's satirical thoughts on Ichiko's legends and quotes contradicts it's meaning as it helps Ichiko to deal with her identity crisis . At the same time Ichiko's fierce forward-thinking helps Momoko break the barrier of elegance and selfishness so that she too would stand up for Ichiko.

In conclusion this movie is highly recommended in my book, so please check it out as soon as you can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael Vu
Admin
Michael Vu

Kamikaze Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamikaze Girls   Kamikaze Girls I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:29 am

I wasn't going to watch this movie, but I guess I will since I came across this movie review twice now. It must be good. Smile
Back to top Go down

Kamikaze Girls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lambert Anime Club :: Media :: Movies-
Jump to: