Lambert Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the website for Lambert High School's Anime Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone! :)
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm by Shadowmage97

» Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am by D-Man Lee

» Greetings fellow Otakus!
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm by Karlagr

» Voice Actor for Hire
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm by D-Man Lee

» Touhou 12.3
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am by Derek

» Spread the love
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am by Michael Vu

» It sure is summer
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm by Taylor/Kqr7is

» Wiki Diving
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm by KyleMc

» I-it's not like I wanted to join this forum or anything D:<
Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:14 am by Elliot Maxwell

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance
Welcome to the Club!
So keeping it SFW...bronies...
Wiki Diving
Favourite OSTs?
Watching too much anime?? (RAGE post)
I need some Mecha
Touhou 12.3
Panic! At the Disco

Sucker for romance

Go down 
+4
KyleMc
AzureBalmung
Elliot Maxwell
Derek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Straight to the point: I like romance manga and anime. Love Hina is the first, and only, manga I have read, and I have also watched a few love-related anime. Here is where I come to you with a question:
What "romance" anime have you watched (manga have you read) that made you "d'awww" or "bawww?"

This is mainly a recommendation thread.
Sucker for romance Love-hina-manga-anime-s%C3%A4ljes
Back to top Go down
Elliot Maxwell
Admin
Elliot Maxwell

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Clannad. Not only was the plot really strong and deep, but it was also really touching. I'm not going to lie though, it does get REALLY sad and depressing, especially as you get into the second season. But by the end, I was very pleased with it, and I'll admit that I did shed some tears while watching it. It's the ONLY thing I've ever watched that's had that effect on me.

Sucker for romance Clannad-poster

And even though it's considered a Shoujo, it can be related to by guys since the whole story is from the main male character's perspective.

And last thing: I LOVELOVELOVE the art style throughout the series.
Back to top Go down
https://lambertanime.forumotion.com
Derek

Derek

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh, snap! That's right!!

I already have all of Clannad, and After Story on my HDD, I just never got around to watching it, because BrendanL said it wasn't good.

I'll start watching that, now.
ありがとうございます
Back to top Go down
Elliot Maxwell
Admin
Elliot Maxwell

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Derek wrote:
Oh, snap! That's right!!

I already have all of Clannad, and After Story on my HDD, I just never got around to watching it, because BrendanL said it wasn't good.

I'll start watching that, now.
ありがとうございます
GO FOR IT. Like I said: amazing.
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:32 pm

For most of us, Clannad is an essental. It is one of the best romance animes I have seen in my time watching animes. I would also suggest:
Zero no Tsukaima, its wonderful, filled with action and romance and everything you coul possibly want. It is porbably my favorite romance ever.

Chobits, I get a lot of crap for liking this one. I liked it a lot, but most people dont for some reason.

Bravo Girls, I dont remember a whole lot about this one. It was one of my first ever animes, but the fact that I remember it at all means it can't be that bad. tongue

Ah! My Goddess, probably one of the most mainstream romance animes there is. It's not the best but I did enjoy it. It's one of the essentials for romance anime junkies.

Ai Yori Aoshi, very simple and down to earth but really wierd all at the same time. One of your basic love triangle/square/ god damit too many girls, animes.

Air TV, this one was bizzare. It left me wondering which way was up (has nothing to do with the title). I really liked it because it made a lot of nice allusions and was really deep.

Elfen Lied, if you haven't watched this you need to. Right. Now. It isn't really your traditional romance but there are romantic aspects. It is an al around wonderful series and Elliot will probably agree with me saying it is a must watch.

Eureka Seven, a lot of people see it as a mecha but it is actually a romance first. And a dern good one at that.

I feel this is definitely enough to get you started. If you need more just ask. I will probably edit this post a few times to add more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Brent (AzureBalmung)

Your suggestions have been added to my "recommendations" list, & I am grateful for your help.
Back to top Go down
Elliot Maxwell
Admin
Elliot Maxwell

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Quote :
Elfen Lied, if you haven't watched this you need to. Right. Now. It isn't really your traditional romance but there are romantic aspects. It is an al around wonderful series and Elliot will probably agree with me saying it is a must watch.
Yes, I most definitely agree. Though be warned that it's pretty graphic.
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:39 pm

I apologize for the extreme length of my post, but I myself am a huge fan of the romance genre, and I've been watching anime for a lot longer than most people seem to think. Razz
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Damnit!
The files I have for Clannad must be messed up, or VLC doesn't like them, because once the OP is about to start on Ep. 01, the video just restarts.
It did the same thing when I tried to watch TTGL, which made me give up on that.

I am frustrated; does anybody know what to do?
Should I just DL a different version of the show, because the resolution on the one I have is too big for my screen, anyway.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, IT WORKS ALRIGHT ON MPC.

Last edited by Derek on Wed May 11, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KyleMc

KyleMc

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:51 pm

AzureBalmung wrote:

Eureka Seven, a lot of people see it as a mecha but it is actually a romance first. And a dern good one at that.

Agree all the way. I loved that series, and it contains a pretty decent amount of action, as well. Surprised by some of the violence in it, but still awesome. Them flying robots, man.
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Them eyeball aliens bro.
Back to top Go down
AzureBalmung

AzureBalmung

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Derek wrote:
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, IT WORKS ALRIGHT ON MPC.

MPC FOR THE WIN!
Back to top Go down
BrendanL

BrendanL

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:53 am

Toradora! has a decent amount of romance in the anime, I suggest checking it out.
Back to top Go down
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:30 am

I would recommend Chobits, to a good degree there is a lot of love between many characters. Especially the protagonist, who takes care of an robot girl.
Back to top Go down
Michael Vu
Admin
Michael Vu

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:28 am

Try Kimi Kiss, great manga. It adapted into an anime. There are different stages (similar to an dating simulation RPG) If you like romance shows that is.
Back to top Go down
tsunderehime

tsunderehime

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:05 am

I agree about Zero No Tsukaima ♥️

And all of the above!~

I love Louise XD

Being a girl, this is my favorite genre~ I should put some input in~

I HIGHLY recommend ALL of these C:

Why has no one said Kimi Ni Todoke?? D: That is one of the epitomes of romansu anime~ XD Heres a picture: Sucker for romance Kimi-ni-todoke-season-2 It's soooooo cute~ And Sawako is so funny xD

also Kaichou wa maid sama ♥️
Sucker for romance Volume-1-cover-kaichou-wa-maid-sama-6701122-456-500
It's -really- funny too~ Check it out! Usui is hilarious XD

OH OH OH LOVELY COMPLEX IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT GO. WATCH. IT NOW. It's by far the FUNNIEST romance I've ever seen. It's like Toradora, but opposite heights XDDD

Sucker for romance Tumblr_lldptqogJb1qjvzijo1_500

And Itazura na Kiss! It's about a girl with ok-grades liking the smartest guy in school~
Sucker for romance Itazura-na-kiss
Super cute! Really funny!~

Fruits Basket is a classic ♥️
Sucker for romance Fruits_Basket_Box_Set

HONEY AND CLOVER ♥️
Sucker for romance 230px-Honey-Clover

5 CM PER SECOND
GORGEOUS animation ♥️♥️♥️Sucker for romance 5_cm_per_second

EDEN OF THE EAST- Very good, not too romancy but It makes you think alot~ It's cute C: And pretty funny. Really good! Very Happy Sucker for romance Eden_Of_The_East

MACROSS FRONTIER!

it has mecha, singing, romansu~, VERY GOOD. MUST WATCH
Sucker for romance Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIyE_rfWnx49xA6BqeqlD735IdzxsOwC_w4l66oZLvWdf1qmKLog

I LOVE IT SO MUCH ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ SOOO GOOD. GREAT MUSIC, ANIMATION, ACTION MECHA ETC.
This one has a little bit of everything in it and is a must watch! C:

I'll stop now before I post too many~ XDDD

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:57 pm

So many to watch... thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sucker for romance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sucker for romance   Sucker for romance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sucker for romance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lambert Anime Club :: Members Area :: Anime/Manga Discussion / Reviews-
Jump to: