Lambert Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the website for Lambert High School's Anime Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone! :)
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm by Shadowmage97

» Corrupt-a-Wish
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am by D-Man Lee

» Greetings fellow Otakus!
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm by Karlagr

» Voice Actor for Hire
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:16 pm by D-Man Lee

» Touhou 12.3
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am by Derek

» Spread the love
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am by Michael Vu

» It sure is summer
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm by Taylor/Kqr7is

» Wiki Diving
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm by KyleMc

» I-it's not like I wanted to join this forum or anything D:<
Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:14 am by Elliot Maxwell

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
Corrupt-a-Wish
Sucker for romance
Welcome to the Club!
So keeping it SFW...bronies...
Wiki Diving
Favourite OSTs?
Watching too much anime?? (RAGE post)
I need some Mecha
Touhou 12.3
Panic! At the Disco

Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront Empty
PostSubject: Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:01 am

Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront HomeFront-525x393

First Impression:
Hearing about this game was interesting, since it was kind of like those what-if situations. My good friend JD had told me about it and I played it. So I've decided to review it.

Background:
The year is 2027, two years after the annexation of America by the Greater Korean Republic (Communist North and South Korea). You play as Robert Jacobs a former U.S. Marine Helicopter pilot who lives in Montrose,Colorado.

One morning you wake up to the sound of knocking on your door. Then BAM!! two Korean MPs hold you up to the wall, with a Korean army officer named Col. Jeong lecturing you about how "bad" it is to support the American Resistance and shit. You are then thrown down the stairs to get on a bus to a "reeducation" facility for your new job as an helicopter pilot for the KPA (Korean People's Army).

After a montage of how brutally bad America has been during the occupation. A truck rams into your bus . Resistance cell actually were trying to save you. for a plan to turn the tables on the Korean Occupation of U.S..

Characters:
These people below are going to be your rag-tag teammates. GET TO KNOW THEM!

Connor= A former U.S. soldier who leads with a Gung-Ho attitude, and has a pretty short fuse when he sees his fellow Americans getting killed.

Rianna= She's an expert hunter and pretty sympathetic in the squad.

Hopper= He is a Korean-American mechanic who fights in the resistance. He is considered as a threat to the resistance due to his heritage.

Boone= Your Morgan Freeman of Homefront. He was a police officer before the occupation. He is now leader of the Montrose Resistance Cell.

Campaign Overview
It's a pretty short, the campaign probably lasts from 5 to 10 hours depending how focused or bad you are at the game.

-General Gameplay: It's very similar to Call of Duty's way of set-up so it won't be as foreign to you. You have your typical wide variety of weapons (pistols, shotguns, assault rifles and etc.). You also get to pilot this huge Unmanned Tank which is awesome and helpful in alot of situations. The health system is like most FPSs: Get shot and take cover until you stop seeing red. It would have been nice to see something different with the game play, but let's face it was a bit disappointing.

-Occupational Brutality:
Playing the campaign was like watching a movie about the holocaust. All the Koreans (except Hopper) were depicted as monsters towards the civilians. Like in the beginning of the game you see a child watch his parents get shot by the KPA in front of him. Then at another point of the game you come across a high school baseball field and you see the KPA making mass graves on the field for dead Americans which made me PISSED!

It's the same way you see for the Koreans too. You meet these sadistic rednecks later on. They torture and intimidate captured KPA personnel. For example, during your firefight at the redneck settlement you see a Korean guy being spun around on a roulette as the settlers try to shoot him for fun. If you go down even further you'll even see a whole forest of hanged Koreans under a bridge.

It sickens me to see this, both as a Korean and as an American. But it comes to show that war is a very tragic event and no one should ever deserve to suffer it's horror.

-Mistranslations:
As a Korean speaker I've noticed a lot of misinterpretations on the Grammar and subtitles when those Koreans speak. Like one guy says "Give him to me I will take care of him" according to the subtitles, but I've actually translated it to "Give me this son of a bitch, I'll put him in his place". I know it's not really a problem for most people, but i'm just putting it out there.

Multiplayer: Like my last review I had to put in a code. Unfortunately I didn't have a new one so I can't judge on it. So i'll let you readers judge on it if you've played multi-player.

Controls: It's very similar to Call of Duty's controller layout. So it won't be a problem for you if your an avid COD player like me.

In conclusion I have somewhat enjoyed the game but I would recommend you rent it unless you favor the Multi-player.

Storyline= 7/10

Gameplay= 6.5/10

Controls= 8.5/10

Overall Score= 7/10

Thanks for reading I hope it helps you abit!

Last edited by D-Man Lee on Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:19 am

Nice review!
Back to top Go down
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BrendanL

BrendanL

PostSubject: Just a couple things   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:17 pm

1. Grammar bro, grammar.
2. Where's the campaign overeview?...
I was looking for any info on the missions you play, or some commentary on the storyline overall.
Back to top Go down
D-Man Lee

D-Man Lee

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Frankly I don't really care anymore XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront   Game Review  for 05/09/11: Homefront I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Review for 05/09/11: Homefront
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lambert Anime Club :: Media :: Gaming-
Jump to: